InvestKL attracted RM2.46b worth of investments via 13 global services hubs in 2021

Azmi: Our pipeline remains strong, and we are well-poised to advance Malaysia’s sustainable agenda by targeting high-level and niche investments, specifically in the areas of digital technology, global services, and innovative offerings.

KUALA LUMPUR (March 24): InvestKL secured RM2.46 billion worth of investments through 13 global services hubs, which created 2,281 regional executive jobs, in 2021, according to its chief executive officer Muhammad Azmi Zulkifli.

Speaking at an event in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday (March 24), Azmi shared that InvestKL’s achievement in 2021 was the best it had recorded over the last decade.

Since its inception in 2011, he pointed out that InvestKL has attracted a total of RM18.3 billion in approved and committed investments via the establishment of 116 global services hubs by leading multinationals and fast-growing companies.

This in turn created 16,392 regional executive jobs for Malaysians, Azmi noted.

“Our pipeline remains strong, and we are well-poised to advance Malaysia’s sustainable agenda by targeting high-level and niche investments, specifically in the areas of digital technology, global services, and innovative offerings.

“We are targeting a total of RM35 billion in investments by 2030 despite the challenges of global economic volatility, rising energy prices and geopolitical uncertainty,” he said.

Meanwhile, Azmi stressed that investors want to build a sustainable future while pursuing the environmental, social, and governance agenda.

He highlighted that InvestKL is working closely with the Ministry of International Trade and Industry to position Greater KL as an investment gateway into Malaysia.

“With over 100 success stories, our facilitation ensures all investors enjoy a swift, smooth, and accelerated investment journey,” he said.

Of the 13 global services hubs in 2021, 60% are from the US, UK and Europe while the remaining 40% are from Asia.

“The companies are Ingredion, Quantum, VF Corporation and FedEx (US), Hannover Re (Germany), Akzo Nobel (Netherlands), Radius Payment Solutions (UK), Commerzbank (Germany), FWD Insurance and Plaza Premium Group (Hong Kong), Pan Pacific International Holdings Group and Cultural Convenience Club (Japan), and CRCC (China),” he said.

Source: The Edge Markets

Let us facilitate your growth in the region.

CONTACT US

Reach out to our team

SUBSCRIBE

Receive updates from us

Ooops!
Generic Popup